Grissom's Grammar and Composition

This blog is for any student writing papers for college, for current and former students in my Communications Cluster at Lindenwood University, and my students at St. Charles Community College.

}
Search this site powered by FreeFind

Monday, December 11, 2006

Featured Poet Harold

I love the way Harold mimics the lyrics and rhythm of several songs in this creative poem. See if you can figure out the songs he used.He created this poem after reading this National Geographic article.

Rock N Roll Hero

Day and night I rock and roll
But not like Jimmy in the 60’s
I. E. D. came for me
Now I lack symmetry

This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco,
this ain’t no Vietnam.
Kevlar helmet for my talking head
Beware the roadside bomb

When you meet me, greet me,
with sympathy, and some taste.
I’m not the devil, I’m a hero.
Hope you guess my name

Gratefully dead I’m not
Honor me just the same