Grissom's Grammar and Composition

This blog is for any student writing papers for college, for current and former students in my Communications Cluster at Lindenwood University, and my students at St. Charles Community College.

}
Search this site powered by FreeFind

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Featured Poet Rick Turner

Rick Turner
12/9/08

Swedish Massage

My head aches with the pain of homework overload.
I want a Swedish massage from my head down to my toes.
How bout a Swedish girl who can take my pain away
And help me find something to do on a cold and dreadful day.

My mind races with the thoughts of the happiness of fools,
While symphonies of love march down my avenue.
I listen to the beat, but the melody is cheap
Like the vodka in my drink.

Divine spark, divine justice plague my weary soul.
My spirit has amnesia, I’m dying of a cold.
I can’t get out of logic’s clear and empty snare.
While death is on the line, a choice I won’t declare.

My muscles tear while I wear my heart upon my sleeve.
I can’t take the easy way to find simple relief
From the net of practical living in a tipsy turvy world.
Whatever happened to my Swedish girl?

 
Love the line, "My spirit has amnesia, I'm dying of a cold." It captures that disconnection between your will and your body. Lots of interesting imagery to daydream the homework away.

Labels: ,